Help - CAS

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kat2
User

Help - CAS

Postby kat2 » Fri May 01, 2009 4:57 pm

I am really concerned. My daughter spoke to a teacher about a subject which is so sensitive. I recently noticed months ago that she had learned a new word "privates" She is in grade one. Although it wasn't too new it new enough to have me a bit concerned. I don't agree with health class being taught by a man.

I also think that health class is a bit too young for a grade 1. Now the CAS has been called. the teacher had to report it. My daughter said she dreamt it but its not real life. Even though the letter is non-threatening we are still so concerned.
though.

What do I expect? What are the questions? What happens? What are my rights?

I am concerned because our lives consist of the girls. Its work, home, at their school and everything they are involved in. The school just asked me to be chair of the parent counsel just on Weds. I got the notification on Thurs of what had happened. That the worker had come to the school and interviewed the girls.

I am already making an appointment for them to be examined by their peds (children's dr). He also did an examination in Jan, when they were being filed as his patients. Everything was fine.

I am so nervous, I am looking for support. We are seriousily thinking of pulling them out of school and homeschooling now! I mean, what has the world come to? She said she dreamt it not for real...but i guess they are just doing their jobs.

How do we be apart of the school without being so humliated?

We are such a huge advocate of the school and the kids.

Please advise.

Kat

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Fri May 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Well, you should be able to homeschool so long as they don't flake out and start formally blaming you for whatever didn't happen. My advice is to pull your children out now, there's a small chance something weird is going on at the school and even a small chance is too much when your children are that young. Besides, the early grades are the foundational ones, and best done at home just to make sure they're handled right.

kjsmom72803
User

Postby kjsmom72803 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:53 am

I would also suggest pulling them out! What exactly did she say she dreamed up? I would be very concerned about what was said to her about her privates! I think they teach sex ed way too early for these kids they should only know at that age that their privates are for only them, mommy/ daddy to clean, and the DR to look at hen mommy/daddy say it is okay.

Return to “Homeschool Law”