Louisiana question help!!!

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Canelo15
User

Louisiana question help!!!

Postby Canelo15 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi i have a question regarding the private school option of homeschooling in Louisiana. I know that with the home study option you have to be assessed or do testing when you want to renew, but do I have to do that when using the private school option, or do I just have to send in my notification, I have looked over the laws but cant seem to understand for option 2. I thought i only had to renew my notification, please help thanks.

elliemaejune
User

Re: Louisiana question help!!!

Postby elliemaejune » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Canelo15 wrote:Hi i have a question regarding the private school option of homeschooling in Louisiana. I know that with the home study option you have to be assessed or do testing when you want to renew, but do I have to do that when using the private school option, or do I just have to send in my notification, I have looked over the laws but cant seem to understand for option 2. I thought i only had to renew my notification, please help thanks.

I'm not an attorney and I don't play one on TV, so this is not legal advice. :D

However, it looks to me as if there is no testing requirement for the private school option. On HSLDA's web site, it says, "Standardized Tests: Parents have three options which only apply if the homeschool is operating under the home study law (Option 1 above). La. Rev. Stat. Ann. §17:236.1(D)
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

Canelo15
User

Postby Canelo15 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi thanks for replying, so do you think i only have to send my notification when renewing? Thanks

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Canelo15 wrote:Hi thanks for replying, so do you think i only have to send my notification when renewing? Thanks

Since testing is not required, I don't know why you would send in anything except the notification.

Caretaker of 2 budgies

Canelo15
User

Postby Canelo15 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:31 am

Hi thanks so much for your help it is really appreciated, sorry if you feel bothered but i promise this is the last question. I see that it says testing is only required if you are using option 1 but was wondering would an assessment fall under testing because i know i dont have to take any tests but was wondering if they required an assessment of my work because i thought you only had to be assessed if you use option 1 because it was a way of testing. Thank you so much it is really appreciated.

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:50 am

Canelo15 wrote:Hi thanks so much for your help it is really appreciated, sorry if you feel bothered but i promise this is the last question. I see that it says testing is only required if you are using option 1 but was wondering would an assessment fall under testing because i know i dont have to take any tests but was wondering if they required an assessment of my work because i thought you only had to be assessed if you use option 1 because it was a way of testing. Thank you so much it is really appreciated.

If assessments falls under testing, then you still wouldn't have to do that because it is only required if you are hsing under Option 1.

Caretaker of 2 budgies

Canelo15
User

Postby Canelo15 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:41 am

From what you seen on hslda website does it look like an assessment falls under a way of testing?

Thanks

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Canelo15 wrote:From what you seen on hslda website does it look like an assessment falls under a way of testing?

Thanks

I'm not sure how many ways I can tell you that you do not have to report any sort of assessment or test results when you send in your notification.

Caretaker of 2 budgies

Return to “Homeschool Law”