Can someone help me in the State of California?

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Joy1213
User

Can someone help me in the State of California?

Postby Joy1213 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:31 am

I live in Los Angeles Ca, and my daughter is attending public school right now. I have done numerous research online and even went as far as posting on Yahooanswers to get some..well..ANSWERS..lol! Anyhow, I am very confused. There are so many choices of homeschooling. I was told online that I have to sign an Affidavit regarding a private school since I live in California. But I just want to homeschool her, not open up a "private" school.I am confused. She is in a charter school right now, and I've had so many problems there, with the students and the staff. She is just not moving forward. She is in 7th grade. I need to know how do I go to the school and get her out and get this started? I know that the school DOES NOT want me to take her out, but I hear that I have the right to homeschool my child. So, that is what I want to do. I don't want to get in trouble by the law and I don't want to make the mistake of giving her the wrong curriculum either. I REALLY want to help her. And after she has finished her 12th grade year, do I have to go get her tested somewhere by the state? Does she get paperwork that she graduated? Please can someone help me? Thank you so much!

elliemaejune
User

Re: Can someone help me in the State of California?

Postby elliemaejune » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 am

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Return to “Homeschool Law”