Does this make any sense?

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kkapfe
User

Does this make any sense?

Postby kkapfe » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:45 pm

Here's our story. We live in Illinois (a VERY easy state to homeschool in!). I homeschool my oldest who is in first grade this year. It's gone great. We've definitely had an up and down year since we're still trying to get a handle on what works best for us, but overall, I can't see her doing school any other way. My middle daughter will be going to morning kindergarten next year because she really needs that time to explore some things on her own without her sisters. I know, I know, most homeschoolers probably think that's nuts but each child is different.

Anyway, here's the crazy idea. My nephew will be in sixth grade next year. He HATES his school because he has had to change schools so often and has a lot of social issues. My idea is to maybe homeschool him next year, just for one year, to see how it goes. Obviously we would have to probably do the text book approach for him since he would return to public school. He seems to have no problem learning that way because he gets really great grades. I think he needs homeschool because of emotional reasons. His mom is a single mom with two jobs and no way to do it herself. Would we have to call it a private school and me his tutor? Any thoughts on this undertaking would be great!

Ramona
User

Re: Does this make any sense?

Postby Ramona » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:03 pm

I think it makes sense.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:13 pm

Return to “Homeschool Law”