Home Schooling was a success!

Want to contribute your views on the homeschool vs public school debate, or just looking for information? Post here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kissedangel
User

Home Schooling was a success!

Postby kissedangel » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:01 pm

I taught my child at home for 1 year! She went back to school November 2005. Her school report dated June 06 states that her reading age is 10 years and 1 month and her spelling is 11 years and 8 months. She is going to be 8 this August.
Even though she is back at school we still do a lot of work at home.

Momof2GrownSons
User

Postby Momof2GrownSons » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:21 am

That's great to hear! Congrats!

I'm new here, and this post caught my eye because I homeschooled my sons through high school. They were not even high excelling homeschool boys but they did a lot because they were homeschooled and today are hard working young men serving our country in the Air National Guard and the Air Force.

I always did tell them that if there were to go back to public school that we'd still homeschool as well to fill in where the government schools leave out......accurate history, sad math instruction and english grammar.

kyonkers
User

Postby kyonkers » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:30 am

Congratulations, well done. I am going to homeschool my son in the next years. My two brothers have been been homeschooling their kids. I also interested in this kind of conversations, you can find real experiences and advice in this kind of forums.

Kim

Return to “Homeschool vs Public School”