Wow! Another reason I'm relieved I homeschool!

Want to contribute your views on the homeschool vs public school debate, or just looking for information? Post here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

4given
User

Postby 4given » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:57 am

I can see your point dogtrainer but....

Most schools nowadays have a dress code. Some are more lenient than others. Generally, anything that may distract others from learning can be prohibited.

Also, the majority of young ladies are not trying to attract attention from perverted male teachers. Most are trying to fit in...I may not like the style but my parents didn't like mine, either. No matter how the girls are dressed...a teacher should be mature enough to not cross certain lines.

Just my 2 cents. :)

dogtrainer
User

s

Postby dogtrainer » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:34 am

Again, I agree with the fact that he is wrong with his feelings. . .I know that our county schools and the schools in the county where my parents live have the dress codes, but I wasn't sure if that had gone national - such is the case with the private school here in town which doesn't have a dress code.

You are also correct with the fact that he should be mature enough to control himself - he needs help. I don't want people to think that I condone his behavior, because I don't. Just wanted to express my humble opinion about the way girls dress now - being in style is one thing, but showing everything that God gave you is another.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:28

4given
User

Postby 4given » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:16 pm

That makes sense.

I guess I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the old "she was askin' fer it" mentality. I can't stand that.

Return to “Homeschool vs Public School”