Why I am against Homeschooling

Want to contribute your views on the homeschool vs public school debate, or just looking for information? Post here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Aspie
User

Postby Aspie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:18 pm

Aspie
User

Postby Aspie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:24 pm

Against Homeschooling
User

Postby Against Homeschooling » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:46 pm

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:34 pm

That's because the majority of people coming to our site are interested in homeschooling but haven't started yet. You get a lot of parents and teens, but not many people who have already been homeschooled. For that, you want something more like Homeschool Alumni, which organized its first convention this year and should be pretty big next time around.

In case I haven't mentioned it yet, there are a heck of a lot more socialization opportunities available to homeschoolers now than there were even 5 years ago. 10 years ago, Social Services was still fabricating reasons for taking away children, so it simply wasn't safe to socialize except among other homeschoolers.

Ramona
User

This is what public school socialization does for you?

Postby Ramona » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:47 pm

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:33 pm

AnnetteR
User

Postby AnnetteR » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:06 pm

Against Homeschooling
User

Postby Against Homeschooling » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:30 pm

Note my use of the word "intelligent," Ramona. Your three back-to-back posts, made just minutes apart, were composed of a long chain of vignette-like reflections on the history of the education of yourself and you children, intermittently spiced up with unorthodox and quite possibly dangerous parenting ideas like not letting your kids have friends.

I feel that I actually addressed the two worthwhile points that you raised (my "absolute assurance" and your "generation gap,") so what's the big deal?

Homeschooling parents seldom seem to "fathom" how poorly adjusted their own children can be, Mark. Open your eyes.

As to why I'm posting here as opposed to at some local group's site, this was simply one of the first listings that came up on a Google search. I wasn't aware when I started posting exactly what sort of clientele were generally found here, but it seems like a good idea for parents considering homeschooling their kids to see this differing viewpoint, so I guess it's just as well.

bobbinsx5
User

Postby bobbinsx5 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:45 pm

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:16 am

Against My Will
User

Postby Against My Will » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:42 pm

i am 15 years old, 10th grade, and have currently been homeschooled for 9 years. i have been in many arguements with my parents about wanting to go to public school. they always tell me that "god told them to" using the same lines many of the parents say in the forum. i have to say it is a great line to give christains. when you think about it how can you argue with that a be a christain? ( btw...you cant i have tried)

i guess my point is i am here to open the minds of the parents.
as a child and being homeschooled no one understood me. i little friends
my mother joined a home school groupe. and going to school for two years i was different from them. i still stay to this day that homeschooling is for pegan liberals that have fallout shelter in there basment,after meeting those people. or with children that have "special needs" (witch is the only form of it i agree with). my little brother has a read disorder as take up most of my moms time. which brings me to the edjucation stad point. if you can tell already by the mispelling and the grammer errors that i ahve failed english and algebra. i practicly have to teach myself.
not say that my mother is a bad teacher she just spends all her time with my brother.

another point is that homeschooled kids dont have there own opinion.
i have met many homeschooled kids and had great conversations with them. most of them have the same ideas,feelings and opintions they dont get to grow and feel for themselfs.

think about in collage were your children with have to sctully study for a test without you. were the have to discuse topics.. homschooling builds clones of the parents liberal ideas.

how have i stopped from becoming one of these.

i have met great friends....neighbors thats have kept me going along the way

i would be crazy without them. one of those kids shooting up people.

they lie..and take places were i can meet more people. i think i am lucky to be one of the few homschooled kids that have true friends like against homeschooling said

as for the drugs and abuse goes.. and these is coming from a REAL high schooler not a parent who has no clue.

its about what "croud" you child hangs out with. if you send a homschooled kid back to school and he acts like hes a homschooled kid hes gonna get picked on and bullied.

if you put a homeschooled kid into high school they dont know any better between the types of people and what they do.

thats why they should pe put back in be for they have to endue this. high school is a life lession. you hve to learn to grow

if these people would spend more time being honest to the children and telling them what is out there..you would have a probly with drugs and sex even.

i am 15, homeschooled, offerd sex 3 times and drugs, and have resist perr pressure. i am a stright edge. i will never do any of those things.

i have been taught that those things are not what i want for my life... my parents didnt tell me this my preist didnt. i made this chocies for myself.

i think that homeschooling keeps kids in the dark.

i am not trying to pick a fight, im not trying to tell you what to do.

just conseder public school over homeschooling cuz your child is missing out

i am missing out and have missed out. i get heartbroken every day thinking about it.

~taught against my will

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:02 pm

Against My Will
User

Postby Against My Will » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:09 pm

Ramona
User

Re: Why I am against Homeschooling

Postby Ramona » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:52 pm

AnnetteR
User