My technical son

Are you homeschool a special needs child? Are you personally physically challenged? Here is the place to share your questions, tips, and experiences.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Staalman
User

My technical son

Postby Staalman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:44 am

I am homeschooling my 14 year old son with ACE, he is bright and scores well. BUT, he gets terribly frustrated, to the point of hopelessness and utter frustration and despair, with the fact that he is an hands-on man, technically very able, yet, there is no good outlet for that, as far as we have found.

We are not in a financial position to purchase all kinds of materials for him to work with. We live in a foreign country, which makes it hard for him to try out his skills in a place away from home.

Is there any homeschooling program that might work for a young man like him, that is not going to require outrages payments for the service provided?

He spends a lot of his spare time working on his bike, he is looking forward to the motorbike/car, has pretty much figured out how to fly an airplane and can name most parts that make a plane fly. His hope is to become a pilot with the mechanic skills needed to help in remote areas.
nyone out there that can give some good, solid advice?

AngelaBreckenridge
User

Postby AngelaBreckenridge » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Return to “Special Needs Homeschooling”