Adult Rewind, What now?

Are you homeschool a special needs child? Are you personally physically challenged? Here is the place to share your questions, tips, and experiences.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

WonderMommy33
User

Adult Rewind, What now?

Postby WonderMommy33 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi there.
Myself and my four amazing kiddos, are all ASD. I was diagnosed at age four, and my father homeschooled me through 12th grade.
I never personally took any pre-college placement tests. I attended a community college briefly, and recently attended online.
I could not read or write until age 15. In every subject, I am almost completely self taught; which means, there is a lot I missed but a lot I know well.
My total accumulation of college credits is 70. My college GPA is at least 3.5. My high school GPA was 3.86 based on NY state regulated standardized testing. I graduated from a Homeschool group in Indiana with a state diploma.
However, not ever having taken SAT/ACT, or getting a GED, I've always felt like I missed something.

For the past ten years I have been employed through the Department of Defense and the VA as a Patient Advocate. There is so much I am unqualified for however, and I want to be financially independent.
Is it too late to consider SAT/ACT, GED, and other testing; I graduated in 2001. I am college hunting. What should I do to prepare for this?
It is necessary that I attain a degree, and my personal goal is to earn my doctorate. My career goal is to become an Occupational Therapist, with an Art Therapy specialty. Eventually - maybe a pipe dream - Educational Diagnostician. At the very least, I just want to prep, and take the MCAT for kicks.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/insight.

avavida
User

Re: Adult Rewind, What now?

Postby avavida » Tue May 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Your college GPA is at least 3.5. I think you can apply any dental schools.
gpahub gives you great tools to help you
semester test grade calculator
and amazing calculator,
even converting grade to GPA easily

Return to “Special Needs Homeschooling”